Quick and easy fundraising tips
Thank you for choosing to raise funds for the Herbie Fund!
Founded on the ideals of international philanthropy and volunteer spirit, the Herbie Fund has been touching the lives of children around the world, providing funds for life-saving and life-altering surgeries that would otherwise not be available to them in their home countries. With your efforts and donations many more children will be helped, opening their lives up to a world of possibilities, possibilities they would never otherwise have.
- Have fun - plan to raise the most amount of money in the most efficient and enjoyable way possible!
- Educate yourself about the Herbie Fund, the more you know, the more people will want to help you.
- Share your story! People are innately curious and want to know why you’re walking, and why Herbie Fund is important to you.
- Stress the importance of a donation, no matter how big or small.
- Set a fundraising goal and share it. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, social media sites, people want to help you achieve your goal!
- Start fundraising early and ask everyone. Utilize your existing networks such as social/sports clubs.
- Remind people that cash donations are fully tax-deductible.
- Ask people for pledges on pay-day or at tax time - timing is everything!
- Find out if your employer can match your fundraising total it's a quick way to double, even triple your donations! (Many companies have matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees)
- Conduct an email campaign, create a fundraising page (see www.herbiefund.com)
- Get existing community networks involved
- Make a list of all the people you know and ask them to make a donation. Ask your friends, family and colleagues to collect on your behalf.
- Create a donation record form allowing you to record donors' contact info and keep it handy so you never miss an opportunity to secure a pledge / donation.
- Customize your email signature and voice message to let everyone know you're fundraising.